HOT Recovery FAQs
What is an Infrared Sauna and how does it differ from a Traditional Sauna?
An infrared sauna uses light to create heat, unlike a traditional sauna that uses heated rocks or steam to heat the air and your surroundings. Using infrared therapy, you heat your body directly with infrared heat. This increases thermal energy in the body, temporarily stimulating your lymphatic system, immune system and your cardiovascular system. Your body's response to that is to sweat which helps the detoxification process.
- What do I wear in the sauna?
We recommend wearing swimsuits, gym shorts, crop tops or any loose fitting clothing. We also recommend bringing clothing that is loose fitting and comfortable to put back on after your session.
- How hot does the sauna get? Is there an optimum temperature?
The temperature in the saunas ranges between 45-65 degrees. This is the optimum temperature to allow you to receive the full benefits of the sauna.
- How much water should I drink?
Treat a visit to a sauna like a sweat workout and be sure that you are drinking more water than you would on a normal day. We recommend at least 1 L of water per session.
- How many times should I go to the sauna in a week?
Infrared sauna is a progressive wellness therapy - which means the more you come in, the better you feel. It may take a few sessions before you start to feel the benefits. To get maximum benefits, we recommend using a sauna at least twice a week. It is also perfectly safe to use it daily if you desire.
- If I get too hot, should I shower during my session?
No, we do not recommend showering mid-session as this will actively reduce your temperature and halt the detoxification process. If you get too hot during your session, we recommend you open the door to your sauna to provide some relief. If you feel dizzy or unwell at any point during the session we recommend that you exit the sauna immediately.
- Who should be careful or seek medical advice before using an infrared sauna?
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding you should avoid using the infrared sauna
- Anyone under the age of 18
- Anyone over the age of 55
- Anyone with cardiovascular conditions
- Anyone with phobias related to enclosed spaces or excessive heat
- Individuals prone to bleeding
- If you suffer from a chronic health condition, we strongly recommend that you consult your physician prior to use
- If you have any concerns or are unsure about using an infrared sauna, we strongly recommend you consult your GP or physician prior to use
8. Are the showers in a private room with the sauna?
Yes we have private showers in each suite. This is for a light rinse pre-session (especially if you have just come from a gym session). It is up to you if you would like to shower after your session.
9. What do I bring with me to my sauna session?
You must bring a towel and at least 2L of water in a sealable water bottle. Towels are available to hire for $3 and water is available to purchase.
10. Do you have other shower/changing facilities?
Chocolate Box Training has bathroom facilities with toilets and showers if you wish to have a longer shower after your session, or require these amenities.
11. Can I bring a friend to my scheduled sauna session?
Yes, if you are booked in a double suite, you may bring a friend. There is no additional charge to bring a friend, however they must have signed a waiver and must bring a towel and water.
12. How many people can be in one sauna?
Our single sauna suites are designed for an individual experience, with a maximum capacity of one. Our double sauna suites are designed to be enjoyed either individually or for two people, with a maximum capacity of two.
13. Are towels provided?
No, you are requested to bring your own towel. If you do not have a towel, you can hire one for $3.
14. What do I do after my sauna?
It is important to ensure you replenish and rehydrate after your session, so ensure you continue drinking at least another 1L of water after your session.
It is up to you if you shower after your sauna. If you don’t mind being a little sweaty after your session, you don’t need to shower and instead you can allow your body to naturally cool down. If you choose not to shower, we recommend that you wipe away the sweat from your body with a towel to avoid having toxins reabsorbed into your body.
15. What is the cleaning protocol?
Our saunas are cleaned after each session. Our saunas are also made from Canadian cedar wood which is naturally anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. The Infrared lighting and sauna temperature are also natural disinfectants.
16. Do the coloured lights in the sauna provide any benefit?
Yes, the coloured lights in the sauna have been specifically selected to offer Chromotherapy (Colour Light Therapy)
1) Red: Activates the circulatory and nervous systems. 2) Strong Green: Provides anti-infectious, anti-septic and regenerative stimulation. 3) Strong Blue: Lubricates joints. Helps address infections, stress, nervous tension. 4) Orange: Energized and eliminates localized fat. Helps address asthma and bronchitis. 5) Green: Acts as a relaxant. 6) Blue: Stimulates muscle and skin cells, nerves and the circulatory systems. 7) Strong Yellow: Strengthens the body and acts on internal tissue. 8) Strong Indigo: Helps address eye inflammation, cataracts, glaucoma and ocular fatigue. 9) Strong Pink: Act as a cleanser, strengthening the veins & arteries. 10) Yellow: Reactivates and purifies the skin. Helps with indigestion and bodily stress. 11) Indigo: Activates and eliminates impurities from the blood stream. 12) Violet: Relaxes the nerves & lymphatic system. Addresses inflammation and urinary illness.
17. Do I have to be a member of Chocolate Box Training to use HOT Recovery?
No, you can be an exclusive member of HOT Recovery, however you must sign a waiver and agree to the membership terms and conditions.
18. Is there a lock in term for memberships?
HOT Recovery memberships have an initial 4 week lock in period to encourage and promote a regular recovery routine.
19. How do I change the billing details on my membership?
Any changes to membership must be emailed to email@example.com.
20. Are your saunas accessible to clients with a disability?
Yes, we have a fully accessible sauna suite for clients with a disability. This suite is accessible as priority booking for clients with a disability. This can be arranged by calling us on 9971 5194 or through booking Suite 1 via the app.
With over 250 classes per week, Ice Baths, Infrared Sauna, Free Childminding and more, there is something for everyone. Learn more about the classes we offer and what suits you.
FREE CHILD MINDING
We're a family gym - of course we have Child Minding.
COLD WATER IMMERSION
Unlimited Ice Baths available to all members during gym opening hours. The perfect recovery for those hard sessions and training weeks. Pair this with an Infrared Sauna for the ultimate recovery practice.
We have a beautiful, large studio with 20 Reformer beds and over 50 classes per week.
IN-HOUSE ALLIED HEALTH
Whether you're injured, have a chronic illness or looking to enhance performance. Motus HP have you covered.
MEET OUR TEAM
We've got an epic team of passionate Trainers with vaired backgrounds, qualifications and passions.
Recover and relax in one of our Infrared Saunas. Single and double suites with membership and PAYG options.